Each stargazing tour includes the following and runs for 60 to 90 minutes depending on group size:
- Arrival Health Screening please do not come to site if you have been unwell in the last 48 hours
- Introduction and safety briefing
- Night sky orientation where key objects are pointed out using green astronomical lasers
- 12 inch GOTO Orion XT12G Dobsonian telescope tracks the object while you view
- Astronomy certified binoculars so you can have a go yourself!
- Minimum 60 minutes exploring our dark skies, with the naked eye, astronomy rated binoculars and telescopes
- High quality eyepieces giving you the best viewing options in any atmospheric conditions
- Small groups (max 10) no large queues for equipment means more telescope time and good social distancing and the personal touch
- Hands on experience you get to focus the equipment for your eyes while we explain what you are looking at
Your questions answered in as simplistic or as detailed way as you wish
Fixed Date Option is ideal if you are visiting the region or need your booking to go ahead on a given night. If you purchase one of these tickets, your experience will go ahead even if there is cloud over, however it will take the format of an informal indoor presentation & seminar type talk with questions and answers.
- What will you see? Depending on which experience you choose, during your guided tour of the night sky, you are likely to see the Milky Way, galaxies, nebulae, planets, stars, The Moon, satellites, meteors and maybe even an Aurora Australis.